Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Happiness

Happiness. 
I have wanted to blog on happiness for a while now. I asked on Facebook months ago 'what makes you happy' and I got many different responses; ranging from foods, drinks, friends, kids, and family. But I think what made me stop and think for myself was when I read something on Pinterest that said:

Two things prevent us from happiness; living in the past and observing others. 

Simple enough. 

This couldn't be more true for me. The past few months I have spent most of my thoughts living in the past. The same hurt would come and go and I wouldn't realize the issue was I was going back to the same pain and the same hurt. I wasn't stopping the problem and ending it, just letting it continue, month after month. I had the gut wrenching feeling Saturday night that if I didn't stop my actions then nothing would change. Without going into detail, the ole saying "People come and go. The best will stay" is what I have trouble with. I don't like letting people go. 

Everyone has struggles and issues. But what I'm learning is if I have the ability to get through these difficulties then that means I have the strength to get up and move on. Don't let the bad of others actions to tear you down. You are your own person. Wake up and be ready to fight the day. All you can do is move forward and make it beautiful. 

-------
So what brings me happiness: looking towards the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment