Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Let God

Friends. Testing is OVER. OVER. 
O. V. E. R. 

Well standardized testing is. We still have the end of year testing for my data to do. But the Georgia Milestone is done. done. done. done. done. done. 

Anyone you talk to in the state of Georgia who has a relation to a student taking the test or a teacher administering the test has a strong voice about it. I'm not going to give my voice here on this blog, but the stress that was placed on the students and on myself was almost too much to handle. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me and I can somewhat relax...... (until I look at my other to-do list). 

Then in addition to the testing stress I'm still waiting on my grad school application to be approved. Online it still says "In Review for Admission". 

Every Sunday Michael and I go to small group at his church and then head to 12 Stone for service with my family. One Sunday, a couple of weeks ago, both of the messages lined up completely and I truly felt like The Lord was speaking to me. I can't recall the scriptures, my notes are at home, but it was about worrying. I know God has a plan for me and it will all be okay. I just need to not stress about what I have no control over, which is exactly what I was doing. Anxiety attacks were happening nightly and I felt like I was going to fall apart. The stress leading up to this testing, my apartment issues, grad school and my students were tearing me apart. I struggle with handling my stress and anxiety, always have, but since that Sunday I have placed it in God's hands and let him have control. Anxiety happens when we think we have to figure everything out. Turn to God. He has a plan. 

Things are getting better though. I'm letting go and letting God. 

16 days left of school with kiddos. I'm gonna try and enjoy it and not completely wish away the year. But this teacher is READY for summer vacation!

xoxo, 
Lizzie 


No comments:

Post a Comment