Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Weekly

One of my goals this year was to take one picture every day to document my year. Simple, eh? Kinda. Remembering to take the picture is easy, I take about 5 pictures a day in my classroom, but remembering to post the picture is difficult. So far I have accomplished this goal, I know it's only day 8, but eight days done. 

So here is my #365daysofliz update:

Day 1: January 1, 2014. 
   You, whoever you are, will be seeing a bunch of pictures of this little princess and her brother. I got to spend January 1st with these kids, oh and their parents. A year ago I started student teaching with a complete stranger. I knew the resource teacher in our room, but knew nothing of the actual teacher. A year later she is one of my closest friends and I am at her house every week either babysitting, hanging with her kids, or eating a random dinner with her and her husband. So what other way to bring in the New Year than spend it with G and W. 

Day 2: January 2, 2014
    Who needs just one goal for the New Year, I made many. My second goal was to hit the gym more. Hey, I'm paying $15/month I should get some use out of that money. I started using the 5K Runner app on my phone when I was running. It controls how long to run and then walk during the 25-30 minute workout. I have missed running, but boy I am nowhere as fast as I once was. But if I started out at my best, there wouldn't be room for improvement.




 Day 3: January 3, 2014
    One of my gifts that I got for Christmas was a jewelry holder. I'm pretty proud of my dad for picking it out for me, I love it! (I may need one....or two more). For some reason I was on a cleaning and organizing spree this day and went crazy! This took me forever, but I felt so accomplished! 


 Day 4: January 4, 2014
    My favorite Disney movie in the entire world is Mary Poppins, so when I finally went to see Saving Mr. Banks I was thrilled. AH-MAZZZZZ-ING! Loved it. If you haven't gone to see it yet, drop what you are doing and GO!
Mom- I'll go with you!


Day 5: January 5, 2014
    If anyone knows me at all, they know I am slightly obsessed with Old Navy. I go way too often and spend way too much money there. So when I opened a Christmas gift and it was an Old Navy gift card I was overjoyed! I got myself some new workout gear and I love all of it!
Day 6: January 6, 2014:
    Monday was our first day back at work and it was an easy day. After our first meeting our awesome principal told us that after we finished the last meeting at 10, we could go home since the weather was bad. Since I am a first year teacher I of course stayed until 1ish and planned with some teammates. 

Day 7: January 7th, 2014: 
    Our county called a "cold day" for our first day back. The temperatures this morning were in the single digits. I enjoyed the afternoon hanging out with my brothers. We played the electronic banking version of Monopoly, my least favorite board game ever! After an hour and eight minutes into to game we quit (yes I timed it, this game NEVER ends).  I got really good at saying, "Sure, I'll buy that property for 1.3 million. Here's my credit card."

Day 8: January 8, 2014
    My first day back to school was pretty successful.... okay I'll be honest it was a bit stressful. Before lunch in room 4.223 we had 2 bloody noses, 2 girls crying, one chid hit in the eye with a book and one new student. My favorite part of the day was our writing lesson we did. It was the introduction to opinion writing. (I will be honest and say I found this on pinterest... I would not be able to survive as a teacher without pinterest!)





No comments:

Post a Comment